As the country’s southernmost ski area, Ski Apache offers the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world with snowmaking on 33% of the mountain. The slopes offer a mix of wide beginner slopes, tough bump runs, a huge bowl, nice cruising runs and a terrain park with jumps, tubes and rails. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- The alpine peak of Sierra Blanca is over 12,000 feet
- Annual snowfall over 15 feet!
- 11 lifts including New Mexico’s only passenger Gondola to the top – the Gazebo
- Enhanced snow-making all the way to the top
- Vertical drop of 1,900 feet
- Amount of mountain open depends on snowfall call 575-464-1234 for the daily snow report