Health & Safety
Welcome to Ski Apache, New Mexico’s ultimate year-round mountain playground! The resort is open for the summer season Thursday – Sunday, 9am – 4pm weather permitting.
To keep all of our guests, team members and community safe, we’ve implemented enhanced sanitation procedures throughout the resort. Please check back often as the information on this page will change as new information is available.
We appreciate your cooperation to help us keep our resort open this season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
See you on the mountain!
Our resort is now cashless. Credit card transactions and other forms of contactless payment are required.
Stay Home If You Aren’t Feeling Well
Ski Apache asks all guests to stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness.
CDC-approved face coverings are recommended but not required for all guests and team members and should only be removed to eat, drink or when engaging in an activity like mountain biking or ziplining.
Ski Apache has implemented enhanced cleaning and safety procedures, including frequently sanitizing high-touch surfaces.
Please properly wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the resort for your convenience.
Lift Queue Distancing
Please maintain proper social distance while in line for the gondola. The tip-to-tail rule will be strictly enforced to ensure social distancing.
Ski Apache is excited to welcome you to New Mexico’s ultimate mountain playground! Prepare for a fun-filled day on the mountain by following these guidelines.
- Bring the right clothing. The weather can change quickly on the mountain so layering is your best option
- Know your route and always check road conditions before leaving
To minimize in-person contact and promote touchless transactions, Ski Apache will require all activity passes to be purchased online or in-person.
All pre-purchased tickets include free parking fees for that day. Walk-in tickets are based upon availability and parking fees apply.
*No refunds will be provided for any ticket purchase.
Arriving at the Resort
Parking and Shuttles
Ski Apache is proud to offer some of the most convenient mountain-side parking inNew Mexico. This season we’ll be restricting the total volume of guests at the resort to ensure we can meet the state’s capacity limits and our physical distancing best practices. This may affect the entrance and parking available at our resort.
To ensure safe and easy access:
- Please follow all posted signs and directions from parking staff
- Check our Conditions Page for updates on our capacity
- Parking shuttles will be operating at reduced capacity to allow for social distancing
- Sightseeing visitors will be required to pay a $25 parking fee to park in the Ski Apache lot
Entering the Resort*
Our goal is to provide you and your family with a fun, safe experience at Ski Apache. All incoming guests will be met by a greeter who will conduct a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0˚F or over won’t be allowed into the property and will be asked to seek care from their healthcare provider. Greeters will also go over new rules and procedures, as well as ensure the resort is adhering to our daily capacity limits.
*Even with these enhanced safety protocols, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possible death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting Ski Apache, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Gondola Rules & Regulations
For your safety, we’ve implemented new rules and regulations for the gondola, including:
- CDC-approved face coverings are recommended but not required while in line, while loading, riding and unloading
- Maintain proper social distancing while in line for the gondola
- Only guests from the same household or group will be permitted to ride together
- Kids must ride gondola with a parent or other adult member of their household
Please be patient as lines will be longer. The tip-to-tail rule will be strictly enforced to ensure social distancing. We appreciate your cooperation.
Food & Beverage
Looking for a bite to eat? Ski Apache has you covered. For the safety of our guests and team members, we’ll only be offering outside food and beverage service for our guests.
- The Arrowhead Express Area, Eagle Cafe, Yurt Café and Daily Grind will be closed until further notice
- Spirit Bar’s outdoor deck provides a perfect vantage point to watch skiers and boarders as they make their way down the Capitan Trail. No indoor access available
- The Plaza Grill, Petroglyph Café and Pizza Express will offer an expanded selection of grab-and-go items
- Beer and wine will be available at multiple locations around the resort
- Ski Apache is now a cashless resort. Credit card transactions are highly encouraged