Health & Safety
Welcome to Ski Apache, New Mexico’s ultimate mountain playground! Our family fun destination offers some of the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world. The resort is currently closed for the season.
To keep all of our guests, team members and community safe, we’ve implemented enhanced sanitation procedures throughout the resort. We’re also working diligently with Ski New Mexico and the State of New Mexico to develop the most effective COVID-safe practices. Please check back often as the information on this page will change as new information is available.
We appreciate your cooperation to help us keep our resort open this season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
See you on the mountain!
Our resort is now cashless. Credit card transactions and other forms of contactless payment are required.
Stay Home If You Aren’t Feeling Well
Ski Apache asks all guests to stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness.
Ski Apache has implemented enhanced cleaning and safety procedures, including frequently sanitizing high-touch surfaces.
Please properly wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the resort for your convenience.
Lift Queue Distancing
Please maintain proper social distance while in line for the chairlift or gondola. The tip-to-tail rule will be strictly enforced to ensure social distancing.
Ski Apache is excited to welcome you to New Mexico’s ultimate mountain playground! Prepare for a fun-filled day on the slopes by following these guidelines.
- Bring the right clothing, including a face mask. The weather can change quickly on the mountain so layering is your best option
- Check the snow conditions report, which is updated four times a day starting at 6:30 am
- Know your route and always check road conditions before leaving
- Carry chains or have a four-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive vehicle with snow tires
- Give yourself extra time. If you have a lesson scheduled, please arrive at least one hour before
Our season pass holders are at the core of our Ski Apache family and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort this winter. Due to capacity limits, all season pass holders must make reservations prior to their visit.
Season Passes can be purchased HERE.
Failure to obey new restrictions and protocols may result in revocation of the season pass.
To minimize in-person contact and promote touchless transactions, Ski Apache will require all lift tickets to be purchased online or in-person at our Ski Shop, Inn of the Mountain Gods, or Casino Apache Travel Center.
Day-of ticket sales are available. However, to ensure you can purchase lift tickets, we strongly advise you to purchase your tickets and make reservations in advance. We cannot guarantee ticket availability without reservations or advanced purchase.
All pre-purchased tickets include free parking fees for that day. Walk-in tickets are based upon availability and parking fees apply.
*No refunds will be provided for any ticket purchase.
Arriving at the Resort
Parking and Shuttles
Ski Apache is proud to offer some of the most convenient slope-side parking inNew Mexico. This season we’ll be restricting the total volume of guests at the resort to ensure we can meet the state’s capacity limits and our physical distancing best practices. This may affect the entrance and parking available at our resort.
To ensure safe and easy access:
- Please follow all posted signs and directions from parking staff
- Check our Conditions Page for updates on our capacity
- Parking shuttles will be operating at reduced capacity to allow for social distancing
- Sightseeing visitors will be required to pay a $25 parking fee to park in the Ski Apache lot
Entering the Resort*
Our goal is to provide you and your family with a fun, safe experience at Ski Apache. All incoming guests will be met by a greeter who will conduct a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0˚F or over won’t be allowed into the property and will be asked to seek care from their healthcare provider. Greeters will also go over new rules and procedures, as well as ensure the resort is adhering to our daily capacity limits.
*Even with these enhanced safety protocols, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possible death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting Ski Apache, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Lessons & Rentals
Our professional ski and snowboard instructors are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the slopes this winter. We are currently adopting new protocols to keep our guests and instructors safe during lessons and lesson programs.
- Please always arrive at least one hour early for your lessons
- CDC-approved face coverings are mandatory during all lessons
- Small group lessons are available in our Beginner Area on a first-come, first-serve basis. A parent or guardian must remain present during the lesson in case your child needs a break or to use the restroom
- Private lessons must be made in advance and are available for anyone 7 years or older with a maximum of two people of similar ability per lesson
*No refunds on any purchases.
The Ski Apache Rental Shop is open this ski season with enhanced cleaning and safety protocols in place. Our rental shop offers a full selection of the latest ski and snowboard equipment, plus high tech ski repair and tuning. We carry more than 1,500 ski pairs and 300 boards. For your safety:
- All rental equipment will be purchased at the ticket booths
- All rentals are first-come, first-serve.
- Limited groups will be allowed access inside at any one time to allow for social distancing
- Other guests will be accommodated outside in the plaza
- One boot will be delivered to you and the other will go to the ski tech
- All rentals will be disinfected after each use
- CDC-approved face coverings are mandatory at all times while renting equipment
Day use lockers are available to rent to keep all your small personal items safe. Due to the capacity limits indoors, guests may have to wait to access their locker throughout the day and should plan accordingly.
Chairlift Rules & Regulations
For your safety, we’ve implemented new rules and regulations for our chairlifts, including:
- CDC-approved face coverings are required while in line, while loading, riding and unloading
- Maintain proper social distancing while in line for the chairlift
- Only guests from the same household or group will be permitted to ride together
- Kids must ride all chairlifts with a parent or other adult member of their household
Please be patient as lines will be longer. The tip-to-tail rule will be strictly enforced to ensure social distancing. We appreciate your cooperation.
Food & Beverage
Looking for a bite to eat? Ski Apache has you covered. For the safety of our guests and team members, we’ll only be offering outside food and beverage service for our guests.
- CDC- approved face coverings are mandatory for all guests except when actively eating or drinking
- The Arrowhead Express Area, Eagle Cafe, Yurt Café and Daily Grind will be closed until further notice
- Spirit Bar’s outdoor deck provides a perfect vantage point to watch skiers and boarders as they make their way down the Capitan Trail. No indoor access available
- The Plaza Grill, Petroglyph Café and Pizza Express will offer an expanded selection of grab-and-go items
- Beer and wine will be available at multiple locations around the resort
- Ski Apache is now a cashless resort. Credit card transactions are highly encouraged