As a precautionary measure, Ski Apache has decided to temporarily close as part of the continuing effort to protect the health and wellness of our tribal members, team members and valued guests. This closure will begin Wednesday, July 22 at 5 p.m. and will be in effect until further notice.
Please keep checking back for further updates regarding our reopening.
This closure began Wednesday, July 22 at 5 p.m. and will be in effect until further notice. Please keep checking back on this page for further updates.
In addition to routine cleaning, Ski Apache has implemented enhanced cleaning and safety procedures. These include:
- Gated check point entrances into our property where health questionnaires and temperature checks will take place for all guests and team members prior to entry.
- Requiring all guests and team members to wear face masks
- Frequently sanitizing door handles, gondola cars, tables, chairs, restrooms, handrails, etc. multiple times a day
- Limiting gondola rides to 4 people per cab
- Posting safety and social distancing signage throughout the property
- Installing microphones and plexiglass shields in high contact areas such as the ticket booths.
- Implementing credit card only transactions
- Adding additional hand-sanitizing stations throughout the property
Yes, masks or other face coverings are required when visiting Ski Apache per guidelines set by the state of New Mexico. For the safety of our guests and team members, masks should only be removed to eat or drink, and during vigorous activities such as hiking or mountain biking.
Guests and team members will have their temperature checked by our security team and ski patrol at the gated entry prior to entering Ski Apache. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0℉ or over won’t be allowed into the property and will be asked to seek care from their healthcare provider.
All guests, along with team members, will be required to wear face masks or coverings when visiting Ski Apache. Please stay home if you’re not feeling well.
While visiting Ski Apache you’ll find hand sanitizer stations available for use throughout the property. Additionally, each restroom will have instructions posted regarding hand washing etiquette to reduce the spread of germs. You can also expect signage throughout the grounds and in restrooms as reminders of proper hand washing protocols, personal mask application and disposal as well as reminders to cover sneezes and coughs. For their own peace of mind, guests are also encouraged to bring personal hand sanitizer and facial tissue.
Throughout Ski Apache, guests will see signs to signify the amount of distance they should keep between other people not in their immediate group. This will be expected in line queuing at the Plaza Grill, at the ticket booths, inside the Retail Store (a maximum of 4 customers will be allowed in the store at a time), waiting for the Gondola, and throughout the property.
The following activities will be available at Ski Apache, weather permitting:
- Apache Wind Rider Ziptour
- Mountain biking
- Scenic gondola rides*
Ziptours are walk-up only, and will be offered at 10am, 12pm, at 2pm, Thursday – Sunday. Learn more about the Apache Wind Rider Ziptour.
*For your safety, gondola rides will be capped at 4 people per cab to allow for social distancing.
Yes, to-go orders can be placed at the Plaza Grill.